Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Since this is my very first time that I have participated in "Thankful Thursday", I want to thank the creative women who came up with this wonderful idea!!  A thankful heart is a joy-filled heart; and thanks to Iris, there are many of us who have joy filled hearts today! Thank you so much for your beautiful and inspiring blog!

I want to thank God that while I was "dead in my trespasses and sins" He saved me!  There are no words to adequately say thank you for such a gift!

I am very thankful that Congresswoman Gifford is coming along so quickly in her recuperation from being shot and pray that she will continue to do so, making a full and complete recovery!

Today I am very thankful for:

Thirty-six years of being married to the same loving man, being his helpmeet, mother of his three wonderful daughters, and keeper of his home!

Having my mother living with us at 92-years of age.

Being able to be a stay-at-home-mom for most of our children's lives.

That we home schooled our children, even though I was trained as a business teacher in high school.

The Lord's protection of our son yesterday; when his rental car malfunctioned, and he was able to safely get the SUV off the busy city street, get towed and back to work.

The fabulous fireplace that is in our home and for all the wood we have been given this year.  There is no feeling like walking into a snugly warm home heated with wood!

For living in a wonderful neighborhood with neighbors who will plow out your driveway from the heavy snow.  Mom was having a hard day and all of a sudden I heard the mower w/ the plow in our driveway--what a gift!!!

For two beautiful grandchildren being brought up in the fear of the Lord.

For today's high of the lower 40's.  Finally KCMO can start thawing out!!


1 comment:

  1. Genie what a fabulous thankful list. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us. It was a ice visit! Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete